ISO 7816-4, Section 1 - Scope
This part of ISO/IEC 7816 smart card standard specifies:
- the contents of messages, commands, and responses transmitted by the interface device to the card and conversely,
- the structure and content of the historical bytes sent by the card during the answer to reset,
- the structure of files and data, as seen at the interface when processing interindustry commands for interchange,
- access methods to files and data in the card,
- methods for secure messaging,
- access methods to the algorithms processed by the card. It does not describe these algorithms.
It does not cover the internal implentation within the card and/or the outside world.
It allows further standardization of additional interindustry commands and security architectures. For the latest version of this part, please contact ISO in Switzerland.
- Easy-to-use chip card integration with .NET library
with C# and VB.NET sample code for Mifare, DESFire EV1, JavaCard, KVK, eGK, SIM, PIV, CAC, HID Prox, iCLASS, SEOS and many more